
So, day two after getting very little sleep from the restless boys, we got up and after breakfast, we took a drive up to the top of the mountain. The day was overcast and with the thick, lush dense surrounding forest, I felt like I was in a scene from Twilight. We finally reached to top and there was a fire lookout tower that we were invited to climb to the top of. It seemed like we could see the whole state from the top with 360 degree mountain and forest views.

We took a few more mile or so hikes that had marked trails towards the top of the mountain and headed back to camp. Along the road, we saw the waterfall that we were hiking to and knew about how far away it was at that point. After lunch, although very tired at this point, with the rain on and off all day, we decided to give it another go.
I don't know if you can tell in the picture, but Cody was asleep most of the hike to the waterfall. Carson, again after all the hiking was still being a big mountain boy and keeping up the best he could.
After what seemed like forever, we finally made it. The water was freezing, coming over the cliff, but it was beautiful. Jonathan walked under it a few times and the boys laughed at him for screaming that it was so cold.
We found a treacherous way out close to the 200 ft falls and stopped to see the view one more time. It was well worth it. We made our way back to camp walking on the road, enjoyed dinner and s'mores yet again. It rained hard all night. Jonathan and I were up talking with the lantern on for a few hours in the middle of the night as we remembered all of the flash flood warnings. I think we might have slept one or two hours. We were sore from all the hiking and decided to make our way over to Safford for some natural mineral hot springs to soak in before making the trek home. After being home a couple of days we wish we were still there.




.jpg)
7 comments:
Hey - it's Cassie! I saw you on Karissa's blog - you have such a beautiful family! Keep in touch!
Sooo beautfiul! I love the memories that come with these pictures! I'm glad you had fun.
That looks like so much fun!
That place looks really cool! Are we all gonna get to go camping before you guys leave? And "Dalton" will come see us in December. (I can't wait till Monday so we can actually call our baby by a REAL name NOT Dalton!)
Thanks for the birthday wishes Cherisse. I can't believe how big your boys are getting!
Here it is:
http://trickyswensons.blogspot.com/2009/06/how-to-wear-baby.html
Sorry, tell me one more time what part of Texas you guys are moving to.
Post a Comment