yup. chickens. again. for the third time. yes, one of them is named
balina. for the third time. so i guess she's
balina the third, maybe
i'll call her B3 for short?! anyway,
jonathan made a chicken coop in the backyard and got his fathers permission to get 6 chicks. two are the whitish yellow ones, two are
rhode island reds and the other two are blackish ones.
i'm really excited!! i love having chickens!! it makes me feel of a different era, or a farmer, take your pick!
carson loves them too. he likes to pet them and he's real gentle like.
cody on the other hand, likes them but throws stuff inside their chick-box!! like socks. off his feet!! he
doens't know how to be "soft" yet, and i hope the chicks don't suffer for it!! i don't know how many of you have had a fresh egg, but boy are they delicious!! store-bought just doesn't compare!! (maybe
hickman's do)
so, i love trying new things (not fish, not now, not ever, never!!) crafty things. so here are a few things i've made withing the last 6 months or so. my niece is getting married in a month so some of this stuff is for her wedding.

this is a little red riding hood costume i made for miss nixie jane this past halloween. i had carson try it on so i could take a picture to send to juliette. he had just eaten something chocolate, no surprise.

this is the blessing dress and slippers i made for miss delilah june. it isn't a good picture, but it looked like a cloud and she looked so super precious!! the slippers are my favorite and have several really easy patterns for boy shoes too!!


this is a recipe box i made for emily and steven's new kitchen. my mom and sisters and i are hosting a kitchen/bath wedding shower for her and one of the things we asked the ladies to bring is a favorite recipe. her kitchen is brown and light blue. the color didn't turn out exactly right but you get the picture.
these are the flower girl dresses to be worn to the temple for pictures and also at the reception. they look so cute in them!! there are eight flower girl dresses. emily and steven's colors are light yellow and aqua-ish.
my next new experiment will be a blue and brown apron for emily's shower present, tracy, don't tell!! i'll post it as soon as i finish!! tell me what you think!!
3 comments:
The flower girl dress is so adorable. You possibly just inspired me to make one for Katelyn.
By Brothers wedding is next month and their colors are ivory & dark purple, & I am having trouble finding Katelyn a dress.
Problem solved (maybe):)
I'm so glad we have you as our personal wedding planner/crafter/seamstress. You have been a world of help!! Thanks for all you've done and are doing, you're a wonder!!
I had no idea you are so talented!! (Where have I been??) I mean, I knew you baked and cooked... If I ever get married again... Or rather, I may contact you for a dress if I get to have another baby sometime... :>)
Post a Comment